Monday, October 22, 2007

WIMAX SIMULATION TOOLS LIST

For the best thing in WiMax is right calculation and optimization of the Radio Frequency and Capacity, Network planning, to do those things you have to choose the best simulation tool which works on the wimax system. I have tried to write a list of all the famous and mostly used simulation and planning tools in the undermentioned list. Even you can try freeware softwares to simulate your network design.

1. OPNET tool - web site
2. Planet EV - web site
3. EDX (SignalPro) - web site
4. Provision Communication - web site
5. Radio Mobile (Freeware) - web site 1 web site 2 web site 3
6. Atoll - web site
7. CelPlan - web site
8. ICS Telecom - web site
9. Asset 3G/WiMAX - web site
10. Winprop - web site
11. Volcano Siradel - web site
12. NS-2 (Freeware) - web site
13. NS-3 (Freeware) - web site
14. Qualnet - web site
15. NCTuns Network Simulator and Emulator - web site

SOME OF THESE SIMULATION TOOLS ARE AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD FROM HERE!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there,

Thanks for the list of these tools. I am wondering if you can help me in deciding a research topic that i have to select for Msc but my knowledge in these software is very limited. I am thinking to simulate (a particular thing)for wimax.

Tulga said...

Hi, from there you can find that NS-2 is free tool but if you looking for more RF side you can use Radio Mobile, otherwise i suggest you Opnet Modeler 11 or higher! Because Opnet is very powerful and also it is supports Academy version, is that mean it may be in your University the license, you can use it free on your Lab, Good Luck.

Unknown said...

Hi dear,

I am going to do my PhD research on secure hand over in WiMAX. Please let me know which simulators support Handover and Security very well.

Sincerely,
Mohammad,

Murugesan said...

hi...
I am doing my Ph.D in Millimeter Wave Technology... I need the coverage and planning software for indoor propagation analysis at 60GHz.
Please let me know which tool is best for this analysis...

Regards,
Murugesan.

Tulga said...

I think now best one is Opnet
So go to this link:

http://www.wimaxcom.net/2009/01/download-simulation-tools.html

Unknown said...

hello
I am doing a work on link adaptation using MIESM(Mutual Information Effective SINR Mapping)for WiMAX.Which WiMAX simulator will be suitable..?

Anonymous said...

hi..im doing my final year undergraduate project and thesis work on mobile wimax can anyone help me know where can i find the coding for simulation of mobile wimax.The parameters are modulation,error detection and correction its needed urgent
Thanks

Vishal Wankhede said...

Respected Sir ,

I want to do my PhD in Scalable OFDM for WiMAX , I want to know that which simulation software is appropriate?

Tulga said...

For whose doing PhD, MSc and other scientic researches on WiMax better choose OPNET Network Simulator because it has Academic version for development of a network simulation. If you wanna personal or try it in your personal computer you can directly contact with me tulgabat(at)gmail.com.

Unknown said...

hello brother ..
i am doing my project on wimax authentication using matlab. can you tell the tools..

Unknown said...

Hello All,
Anyone help me regarding my case.
I have to show comparison of WiMax and WiFi throughput & delay analysis simulated in OPNET.

Now how can I get OPNET and how can I get coding for that or get the material.
kindly reply soon

majid iqbal said...

Hello every body,

I want to use Wimax simulation software in my proiect "wide-area monitoring, protection and control of future electric power networks"
which software is best for me?
plz tell me...

Anonymous said...

hai friends,
Am doing my finay year project in WiMAX n 802.16j relay staion based networks...pls tell me which simulator wd b good for relay station grouping algorithm and handover reduction simulations...pls reply soon...